21 April 2009

The Big C

My dad has cancer. What a horrible sentence to type. The mass in his bladder is being removed tomorrow. He's had a scan on the rest of his body but not sure of the result of that yet. Not sure whether further treatment is required beyond the bladder resection. I'm trying not to worry too much but it's hard not to.

Regarding my other little sickies - Ky and Spence - well they're both good, apart from snotty grotty noses, which we've all had, they are good.

We had a lovely weekend last weekend. I planned a special treat where we dropped Spence off at mum's house and we went into the city and went shopping then checked into our nice hotel apartment, went to the gym and for a swim, went out for a lovely dinner and then went to see Billy Elliot the musical. We then went to the Home Improvements Show on Sunday morning before going back to get Spence from mums. We had an awesome time.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Oh my...I hope the best for your dad. *keeping all fingers crossed*

Your weekend off sounds lovely. :)

Keep on keeping on!!